Special Groups - Under Construction
These groups are considered Special Groups at First Unitarian Church of Orlando. (You may also browse through the list of ALL groups in one page.)
Special Groups are usually Temporary Groups (Usually a Task Force, Ad Hoc, Fundraising, Project or similar Group) not expected to last longer than the run of their particular project focus. They do not need to be a permanent standing committee.
Special and/or Temporary Groups
- May need to coordinate at Program Coordinating Team (PCT) level for information or coordinating dates/space. (Ex: Church Photo Directory Project, New Minister Settlement Committee, etc.)
- May or may not get a spending Budget from the Church
- Probably doesn’t need Leadership Dev. (ex: New Minister Settlement Committee appointed by BOT. Church Photo Directory Project organized itself under Council Sponsorship.)
- Probably doesn’t need a full formal annual Charter, but BOT knows their purpose and goals from a summary at the start of their project run
- Probably writes Annual Report for last Congregational Meeting or its “sponsor” mentions it in their own report (Ex: Church Photo Directory Project in Council report.)
- Writes a Summary for BOT at end of their project run before disbanding.
CURRENT SPECIAL GROUPS
Here is a list of current special groups and their project focus.
Green Sanctuary Committee
- Working to get our church Green Sanctuary Certified.
- A Green Team Project. See Cat Rigby for details.