The mission of the First Unitarian Church of Orlando website is to serve as the main communication resource for the membership and those seeking liberal religion in Central Florida.
With this mission as its guide, the First Unitarian Church of Orlando website strives to achieve the following goals:
- Serve as the main communication tool within the church membership and to the general public,
- Provide a portal for those seeking our church on the internet,
- Provide information on our upcoming events,
- Provide reports on our past events,
- Be the source for copies of the church's policies and procedures,
- Serve as the archive for our church's history.
NOTE: Mac users should use Firefox, not Safari.
What to do if you can't log in:
There is a Member Login box on the home page.
- If you do not know your password, click "Forgot Password".
- If you do not know your username, try your first initial and last name.
- If you still can not log in, email
How to change your password:
- Log in
- Look in the area of Members | My Details | Edit | Update Profile | Contact Info
How to print your own copy of the award-winning Oracle:
- Click here to go to The Oracle on our website. (Note: If you are not logged in, go to http://OrlandoUU.org and log in first.)
- Select "Open” which opens the Oracle in Adobe reader.
- Click the print button -or- do this to conserve paper:
- File | Print | set Print Scaling to Multiple Pages Per Sheet.
- Set Pages Per Sheet to 2 and Page Order to Horizontal.
- Now click the print button.
How can I submit an article and/or photo to the website?:
- Any church member in good standing can submit an article.
- If you are not familiar with how articles, calendar events, etc. work on our website, read Website General Information first.
- Click Members | Submit An Article, and then follow the instructions.
- All articles are reviewed by the Web Team before being published to the website.
What about the special rules for photos, like photo releases?:
Click Members | Submit An Article, and then follow the instructions.
How can I submit an article to the printed Oracle?:
Is an article the same as a calender item?:
If I submit an article, will a calendar item be created automatically?:
Should I submit my article to the website or to the printed Oracle?:
- You may do either or both.
- Articles submitted ONLY to the printed Oracle are also published on the website near the end of the month.
- Articles submitted ONLY to the website are not published in the printed Oracle.
- Articles submitted to BOTH are published on the website when they are received.
- You can do this: Submit a brief article to the printed Oracle and also, submit an expanded article, maybe with more details and photos, to the website.
Should I also submit an item to the EBlast, Calendar, or Order of Service?:
- Log in.
- Submit to the EBlast and the Order of Service by using the Members menu.
- Submit to the Calendar by using the Calendar menu.
What if I need a special EBlast sent (not in the regular weekly EBlast)?:
- Submit to the EBlast by using the Members menu.
- Include your special request in the text enclosed in square brackets (eg. [Please send this on Sunday night.]
- Also, email a copy of your message to
Where can I find the email addresses for church staff or committees?:
- To get a list: Members | File Downloads | Policies and Procedures | Public Email Addresses.
- To send an email: About Us | Contact Us.
How do I get an event listed in the Website Calendar and the Upcoming Events section?:
- Note: You may want to print this section, or click here to open the calendar separate browser, so you can view these instructions while doing them.
- Submit the event to the Calendar. How? Click Calendar and then at the bottom click Add An Event.
- Do every one of these REQUIRED steps:
- Fill in the Subject.
- Select a Category from the drop down list.
- Under the word Activity there is a large edit box with a header with edit icons starting with B for bold. In the edit box, under the header, enter a SHORT (150 characters max!) description of the activity. Don't use any formatting except bold or italics. Don't include date/time or repeat the subject. You MAY include a link to an article. How? Open another browser, browse to your article, copy the link address. In the Activity edit box, highlight the text that you want to be a link, then click the insert link button (looks like a piece of chain), paste the link address into Link URL, click Insert.
- For Location enter where this event will take place, such as 'Sanctuary" or "Room 3".
- For Contact enter your church email address and optionally your name or committee.
- Extra Info is optional.
- Now to enter the date for the event: Click the Calendar tab (it's just above the Subject, next to the word Common).
- Enter the start date and time.
- Enter the end date and time.
- If this is a one-time event, set Repeat Type to day / every day.
- If this is a repeating event, enter a Repeat Type. For example, to select every third Tuesday select: 1 * per week, T for Tuesday, check only the box in front of week 3. For more help on entering repeating events, click the Help tab.
- Note: Do NOT enter start and end dates longer than half a church year. Instead, enter 2 event records one for Aug - Dec and another for Jan - Jun, or so.
- Be sure to click the Save button (looks like a diskette) when you are done. Otherwise, all your info will be lost.
- Your page then disappears and your event is sent to the Web Team for approval.
- The event will be published to the calendar and Upcoming Events after it has been approved by the Web Team.
- If you have made a mistake, you can edit your event after it has been published.
How to publicize your event using our website:
How to publish the Online Oracle: